TM Realty Pty Ltd t/as BH Estate Agents is committed to protecting your right to privacy of your personal information. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Act.
We will ensure that all of our employees and subcontractors are aware of and understand BH Estate Agents obligations as well as their own obligations under the Act. This will be ensured through training, maintaining and implementing internal policies and procedures to prevent any personal information from being collected, used, disclosed, retained, accessed and disposed of improperly.
What is your personal information?
Collection of personal information:
During the course of your dealings with BH Estate Agents we may collect personal information about you for the following purposes:
- To sell your property;
- To purchase a property for you;
- To lease a property (either as lessor or lessee);
- To assist obtaining a loan;
- For payment or refund of a bond or security deposit;
- To administer tenancy disputes;
- To organize repairs or maintenance of a property owned or leased by you;
- To record or access information at the Land Titles Office or other government agencies;
- To record or access information on tenancy information services or databases;
- For client and business relationship management;
- For marketing of products and services to you;
Generally, we collect your personal information directly from you unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do. From time to time, we may collect personal information about you from third parties or a publicly available source, such as a credit reporting agency, your legal adviser, your past or current employers, your previous lessors or property managers, and tenancy information services or databases.
When collecting your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to provide you with certain information as required under the APPs, including the purpose of collection, who we may disclose your personal information to, any law that requires or authorises us to collect the information and the main consequences if we do not collect all of the personal information we require. If we collect your personal information from another source, we will take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware of the fact and the circumstances of that collection.
Generally, if we are unable to collect the personal information we require we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you seek. If the information provided is incorrect or incomplete, this may also prevent, limit or otherwise affect our ability to provide products or services to you.
Information that may be collected :
The types of personal information we may collect, use or disclose about you includes but is not limited to your:
- Full name;
- Date of birth;
- Residential address;
- Postal address;
- Email address;
- Home telephone number;
- Work telephone number;
- Mobile telephone number;
- Occupation and business address;
- Financial information including details of your employer, income, name of bank or financial institution;
- Spouse, de facto, dependent children, and roommates;
- Property ownership;
Disclosure of personal information :
In order to provide products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to the persons/organisations described below:
- If you are a vendor or a lessor, we may disclose your personal information to prospective buyers or lessees of the property owned or leased by you;
- If you are a buyer or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to the vendor or lessor of the property you are purchasing or leasing;
- Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction;
- Your financial institution and/or financial advisor;
- Insurance providers and brokers;
- Utility providers and utility connection service providers;
- Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service including independent contractors engaged by us as real estate agents;
- Tradespeople engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned or leased by you;
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
- Persons or organisations involved in purchasing part or all of our business;
- Our related companies;
- Organisations involved in the payments systems including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
- The Land Titles Office or other government agencies;
- The Victorian Civil and Administration Tribunal;
- Tenancy information services or databases;
- Real estate websites;
- Real estate industry organisations;
We may disclose your personal information to recipients within Australia or to overseas recipients. Should information be required to be sent interstate or overseas, we will take steps to protect the privacy of your information.
Direct marketing material :
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services, that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including postal mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2004 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
In addition, at any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (details below) or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link). We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you.
If you receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us using the details provided below.
Access and correction of your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Links to third party web sites :
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
We will however take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorized access.
BH Estate Agents
207A/757 Bourke Street, Docklands Vic 3008.
T (03) 8102-1303.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
This privacy statement was last updated on the 01/03/19.